- Plan, schedule, manage, and coordinate construction plans with multiple subcontractors and trades efficiently, using safe and effective construction methods to reduce the need for rework.
- Direct the layout, excavation, and installation of stormwater controls, erosion and sediment controls, aggregates, and earth.
- Participate in periodic project meetings.
- Adhere to and ensure that staff and subcontractors adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Provide direction to staff to ensure efficient and cost-effective operation within approved operating budgets.
- Complete and maintain all necessary project paperwork.
- Communicate with management on project progress and developments.
- Determine needed materials, schedule, coordinate, and participate in construction activities including operation of hand and power tools and heavy equipment needed to complete construction tasks and instruct others on their effective and safe use.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all participants on the job site, prioritizing safety above all other objectives.
- Identify and implement solutions to problems or opportunities for improvement to meet or exceed project expectations.
- Review and comprehend construction drawings and plans.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Construction Supervisor in heavy civil construction, with expertise in earthwork and piping.
- Proficient in all aspects of construction, including GPS surveying, blueprint reading, heavy equipment operation, scheduling, and safety promotion.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Full-time, salaried position with a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and abilities.
- Out-of-town travel may be required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- An effective leader who can perform well under pressure and take a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- UPMC Gold EPO medical coverage with RX, Gilsbar Supplemental, VBA Vision, and Guardian Dental (available after 90 days of employment).
- Short-term disability coverage of up to $500 per week (available after 90 days of employment).
- Life insurance coverage of $25,000 for the employee (available after 90 days of employment). • Optional additional life insurance and long-term disability coverage (available after 90 days of employment, at employee’s expense).
- 401K/Profit Sharing Plan with company match: o Current company match of up to 4% of wages at 80%. o Current profit-sharing contribution of 3% of employee wages. o Eligible to participate in the 401K/Profit Sharing Plan after one year of service.
- Paid time off, accruing at 2.16 hours per pay period, starting on your first day of employment.
- 7 paid holidays per year (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the first Monday after Thanksgiving, and Christmas).
- Bereavement leave of three days for immediate family.
- Eligible for a year-end bonus, based on performance review and company profitability.
- Company-provided cell phone with calling and data plan.
- Company-provided vehicle.